Want to learn how to How To Stuff Fibrous Casings?
1. Soak fibrous casing in warm water 15 to 20 minutes before using. This soaking process makes the casing pliable and easy to work with.
2. Slide the soaked casing over the sausage funnel as shown. Squeeze the casing firmly against the sausage funnel with your free hand.
3. While continuing to hold the end of the casing firmly against the sausage funnel, begin filling the casing with the sausage mixture.
4. Continue filling the casing until there's about an inch remaining. You can also make smaller chubs by tying off the casing as shown.
5. Hold the end of the casing with the forefinger and thumb of one hand, and the filled casing with the other; twist in opposite directions. Tie off the casing with butcher twine or crimp with pliers.