Hot and Sticky Jerky - For 5 Pounds of Meat
Ground Jerky Recipe
5 lbs lean meat
4 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon curing salt
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons red chili peppers, crushed
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons yellow mustard seed, ground
3 cups corn syrup, liquid
•Note: For a real brow sweatin' wallop double the cayenne pepper, red chili peppers and chili powder.
1. Cut away as much fat/tallow as possible from the jerky meat. The leaner the better.
2. Grind trimmed meat through 3/16" plate two times into a large mixing vessel.
3. Add all remaining ingredients; mix/knead well .
4. Taste test by frying a small quarter-size patty to see if you approve of the flavor is. Make changes if needed.
5. Place meat between plastic wrap, use cardboard guides and roll out ground jerky as shown in above photo series.
6. Refrigerate overnight (6 to 10 hours) to cure.
7. Next day, spread jerky evenly on drying racks; dry at at 150 to 170 degrees in oven, smoker or dehydrator (checking occasionally for doneness) until jerky reaches desired degree of dryness; could be 5 to 24 hours depending on drying method used.